Instructions to our pregnant patients with exposure to Covid-19, symptoms of Covid-19 or who have tested positive for Covid-19.
Originally Published on Tuesday, August 24, 2021
Instructions to our
pregnant patients with exposure to Covid-19, symptoms of Covid-19 or who have
tested positive for Covid-19:
tested your local testing site and remain in quarantine until test results
are available. If negative, but symptoms persist or worsen, get retested.
ahead regarding any scheduled appointments. We will reschedule your
appointment if you have been exposed, are having symptoms, or are
awaiting a test result.
- If your
test is positive, contact Fayette County Health Department at 859-252-2371
for quarantine instructions and contact tracing.
our office of a positive test result and when you quarantine will be
- Take Tylenol 650 mg every 6 hours to reduce fever and
- Take robitussin or delsym to reduce cough.
- Stay hydrated.
- If you have severe cough or feel short of breath,
obtain a home O2 monitor from your pharmacy.
- Present to the ED with chest pain, if O2 levels are 94%
or less at rest, changes in consciousness, blue or graying of skin or
- Monitor for preterm contractions. Call the office
with greater than 6 contractions in an hour if they do not respond to rest
- If you are 28 weeks or beyond, perform kick
counts. The goal is 10 movements in 2 hours or less.
- Our office will check in with you by phone every few
days until your symptoms are improving, but please feel free to call us
with any concerns.
- Discuss upcoming appointments with your provider.
Do not come into the office until you are cleared from quarantine. In
emergencies, we can arrange to see you in a specialized covid isolation
room at the hospital or in labor and delivery.
- Visit https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/downloads/sick-with-2019-ncov-fact-sheet.pdf